Our client, a dynamic and fast-growing international manufacturer based in South Down, are looking for a Maintenance Engineer.
Overview: The Maintenance Engineer will support a multi-disciplined team to optimise company assets in a cost-effective manner with effective trouble shooting techniques, development of planned maintenance and asset care programmes to deliver departmental Key Business Indicator's (KPI's). This role will require on-going engagement from all of the different departments and stakeholders which will involve significant people engagement as well as a good technical understanding of the facilities to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislative requirements.
- Manage and provide leadership to the maintenance department to ensure that facilities and systems are maintained to the highest standards therefore minimising downtime and maximising uptime of plant facilities
- Ensure that all regulatory and audit requirements associated with the maintenance department are met.
- Management of 3rd party contractors ensuring risk assessments, method statements and all additional information is provided prior to commencement of work onsite.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are current, technically correct and up to date for engineering and maintenance activities.
- Ownership of KPI's and reporting metrics for assets with maintenance management, track performance and be able to demonstrate improvements in asset uptime and reliability.
Applicants must therefore demonstrate the following essential criteria on their application form in order to be considered:
- Qualified in an electrical, electronic or mechanical or relevant discipline (City & Guilds, BTEC or Degree)
- Minimum of 5+ years post apprenticeship experience or 2 years post graduate experience
- Demonstrate experience leading teams, coordination and planning and execution of work
- Continuous improvement mind-set, embraces change and creates a sense of urgency to deliver change
Due to the nature of the role preference will be given to applicants demonstrating the following desirable criteria:
- 3rd level qualification in related technical discipline
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified or working towards
- 5 + years supervisory or technical leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
TechMet - for Engineers, by Engineers.
To apply please forward your CV in WORD format to Sean Metrustry (Director) at email@example.com or telephone on 028 9446 2620.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.