Maintenance Engineer / Lead Engineer
Maintenance Engineer / Lead Engineer - S Down DAYS
We are working with a successful small FMCG manufacturer in South Down that is investing in the business and looking to further grow and develop. The company has a strong track record of looking after its employees and providing opportunity for development. Due to continued success, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Maintenance Engineer on days (electrical bias). No weekends!
This role will appeal to experienced multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers in the South Down area, who are looking for the next step into a managerial role, whilst still being hands-on. This is a DAYS role. 40% office/ 60% floor
You will be overseeing a small, cohesive maintenance team where you will be responsible for all equipment, processes and controls within the plant. You will have autonomy and opportunity to positively influence the business, collaborating with your Engineering and Production colleagues, striving to continually improve the maintenance service.
Specific duties will include:
- Maintenance and repair of production plant and machinery to ensure optimum performance and minimum downtime
- Oversee mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis
- Drive the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme
- Ensure machinery efficiency and prioritisation of work is agreed with manufacturing team
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- A minimum of 10 years recent and relevant experience within a similar role in a production or manufacturing environment - fitting, repairing and installation.
- HNC/HND (or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline (preferably Electrical) OR
- NVQ Level 3 - Must have served a recognised apprenticeship within a manufacturing industry, ideally mechanical and electrical
- Strong technical skills; Confident in reading and understanding engineering drawings to include hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams
- Experience in carrying out fault finding Logical and well organised approach to problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ideally coming from the food manufacturing/food processing sector
- Flexibility required outside core work hours.
- Competent knowledge of MS packages.
- Day role: Mon - Fri - negotiation on hours but 7/8am - 4.30pm.
- Attractive salary on offer - c. ?45-50k - depending on experience
- Paid Overtime - if required
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.