Instrumentation / PLC Programming Engineer (Fermanagh/Cavan border area)
- Location:Fermanagh, ROI
We continue to work with a leading UK/Ireland construction products manufacturer based conveniently to the Fermanagh border. Due to the continuation of the new Leading Excellence Programme, several important and exciting internationally collaborative engineering projects are currently in plan that are aimed at ensuring future environmental compliance and improving plant efficiency. The company is now looking to recruit a new Instrumentation/PLC Programming Engineer.
This is a specialist position and you will work alongside our highly experienced Control Systems Engineer. Significant training and development will be necessary over an extended period to learn the plant Instrumentation and Control design.
- You will support the commissioning of equipment including instrumentation, motors, control panels and their associated control gear/MCCs, and PLC
- Fault finding, repair, maintenance of equipment including instrumentation, motors & associated control gear and equipment
- Candidates must have a strong desire and dedication to the discipline, including self-driven technical research motivation, in what will be a key role for the business.
- Very strong IT and network protocol awareness will be essential and a broad range of electrical and instrumentation base-knowledge is desirable
- A 3rd level qualification in relevant technical discipline is essential
The range of innovative, research-led projects planned, particularly within the CO2 reduction space, will ensure that the professional and technical skills of those involved will be leading-edge and in demand both locally and internationally.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.00am - 5.30pm & Fri 8.00am - 4.00pm
- Excellent salary and benefits package on offer including pension, life cover and PRP scheme
- Bonus after successful completion of 6 months' probation
- Skills-attainment will be supported with accredited professional qualification
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director) at TechMet.