Electrical Design Engineer (Ballymena area)
2 roles available plus an excellent career opportunity for experienced Design Engineers to join a bespoke thriving business with a global customer base, supplying blue-chip companies with a range of innovative and complex automation solutions.
As part of a dedicated team of professionals, you will develop & design mechanical/electrical solutions for specialist equipment for the medical devices/FMCG industry. You will have the opportunity to work at a very high level with bespoke automation projects in excess of ?1m. This is a role for a pasionate engineer
Electrical Design Engineer (Quote Ref: A62-SED - role 1)
- Electrical design and provision of technical guidance
- Service support, Commissioning, On-site Installation and Customer Acceptance
- Research and development of new electrical systems and projects
- Create design documentation
- Liaise with other departments/sub-contractors to co-ordinate on projects
You will need:
- An HND/Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least 3+ years' experience of working in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Good experience of electrical design, commissioning and support - preferably in a machine building environment
- Good PLC knowledge
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical control systems legislation
Mechanical Design Engineer (Quote Ref: A62-SMD - role 2)
- Create and develop design solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects
- Product technical documentation for production, installation and service
- Provide quotation support through drawings, concepts and budgets
- Product accurate BOMs
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers etc
You will need:
- An HND/Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Autodesk Inventor or equivalent 3D systems experience
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Industry experience in special purpose / automation / production / packaging machinery design environment ideally with a hands-on approach
- Commercial acumen with ability to work directly with customers
- Knowledge of Pneumatics and Robotics
Both these roles will suit Engineers who can naturally take responsibility during a "cradle to grave" project. They will best suit truly capable individuals who want to affect & drive projects as well as multi- task their engineering skills and take accountability. Both roles would suit true Engineers who want innovation and problem solving as opposed to "tweaking minor design changes" in a corporate setting.
- This is an excellent company which has an enviable reputation in its global market and continues to thrive and develop. These opportunities will provide excellent opportunities for career development.
- Attractive salary packages are on offer to suitable skilled Design Engineers.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites, possibly overseas will be needed on rare occasions.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact TechMet.