Engineering Manager (Co. Down)
Our client, a world-class, quality manufacturing organisation, has asked us to recruit an experienced Engineering Manager for their operation in South Down. This is an ideal opportunity for a seasoned Engineer who has exceptional interpersonal skills and good business acumen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of engineers, communicating regularly and directly, keeping up-to-date on departmental and site issues
- Developing team and individuals' skills by identifying training needs and implementing training plans
- Developing KPIs and relevant governance system to meet department and organisation goals
- Supporting and leading the implementation of 5S, process improvement, Lean and Problem Solving within the department
The ideal candidate will have:
- A 3rd Level qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years working in engineering, gained within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a comparable people management role
- Strong IT skills
- Good working knowledge of Lean and Process Improvement methodologies
- Very attractive salary package on offer (up to ?60k pa) plus annual bonus of up to 20%
- 37.5 hrs - Mon - Fri
To apply please forward your CV - in WORD format - using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact TechMet.