Health & Safety Co-Ordinator (N. Down)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Down
Our client, a world class manufacturing organisation, is now looking to recruit a Health & Safety Co-Ordinator for their manufacturing site in North Down. The post-holder will be responsible for the promotion and reinforcement of a zero culture at the site by instigating best practice in all aspects of health & safety across the site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health and the promotion of zero harm
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that all Group Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are communicated and implemented locally, regularly reviewed and updated
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigates and any improvements implemented
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Group Health and Safety and the local management team
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Seeks opportunities, originates action, overcomes resistance and questions established methods
- Demonstrates the ability to bring people round to a way of thinking
- Systematic and logical. Formulates and communicates coherent plans to deliver an agreed objective within a specific time frame. Manages priorities
- Ability to create alliances to achieve objectives. Participates fully as a team member, gives feedback and supports the contribution of others
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Previous Health and Safety experience
- Experience of dealing with contractors, in particular the writing of risk assessments and method statements
- Can demonstrate engagement with others in achieving health and safety improvements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- 3rd level qualification in a technical discipline such as Health & Safety Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Environmental Management
- Experience of a fast moving manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Experience and delivering Health & Safety training.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director).