Software Design Engineer (Co. Antrim)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
Excellent employer, based within a commutable distance from Belfast is seeking a Software Design Engineer for its highly motivated and growing development team working on high value unique electronic systems.
- Developing embedded software
- Supporting all aspects of the software product life-cycle, from initial software requirements capture, architectural design, coding design, implementation, test and release to customers
- Algorithm design and implementation for new functionality
- Developing proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- BEng degree in Electronics, Software or a related engineering discipline
- Industrial experience working as an Embedded Software Designer on embedded Linux Systems
- Embedded C/C++ experience applied to embedded Linux platforms
- Experience of developing across Linux Kernel, Drivers and User Space applications
- Familiar with the Linux boot process
- Experience debugging and integrating hardware components with the Linux OS
- Ideally scripting experience, especially Bash, Python, Ruby
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE FULLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.