Parts Assistant - Maintenance
Due to continued success and growth in their sector, our client is looking to recruit a Parts Assistant - Maintenance Dept. This is a new role within the business.
The post-holder will assist the Parts Manager in the daily operation of the stores department, ensuring correct items are available at the right time to enable all factory maintenance to be carried out. Key responsibilities will include:
- Data entry of all new stock on to the ERP system
- Direct involvement with the overall Maintenance Department - understanding the maintenance plans and ensuring optimum level of spare parts is available at all times
- Ensuring optimum levels of spare parts for each factory and using stock control system to monitor stocks of spare parts
- Controlling receipts and issuing of materials
- Reading and understanding technical drawings to order spare parts
Suitable candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a Stores environment ideally within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- Good standard of education to GCSE/A Level standard
- Working experience of computerised stock control systems
- Good IT skills and knowledge (M'Soft office suite)
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- A mechanical aptitude, a mechanical qualification would be advantageous
Salary: A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7.00pm - 5.00pm but negotiable
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director) at TechMet.