- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
This is an exciting opportunity for a Site Based Industrial Chemist (Relevant 3rd level qualification) to join a highly successful organisation.
Reporting to the Senior Site Chemist, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties including:
- Carrying out initial assessments of product/waste acceptability in terms of storage and/or transportation
- Carrying out site visits and performing product inspection and verification
- Following correct procedure for submitting samples to analytical laboratory
- Ensuring all product is handled correctly in accordance with Company procedures and legislative requirements
- Accept all collected product at the site ensuring legal and other compliance.
- Accurate and up-to-date data collection and recording for the purposes of stock control
- To be responsible for the safe and legal bulking of waste for storage and/or transportation
- Liaise and oversee the operations of sub-contractors and service providers as necessary
- Prevent, as far as possible, chemical spills and leaks and to ensure all such occurrences are dealt with legally, safely and as promptly as possible
- Sampling and testing water in accordance with the PPC Permit
Ideal candidates should demonstrate the following key skills/experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in chemistry
- Experience in chemical handling, identification and bulking operations
- Ideally previous experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of ISO standards
- Good IT skills
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
Key words: Industrial Chemist, Chemist, Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Graduate Chemical Engineer.