Inventory Controller (North Down)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Down
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Inventory Controller to join our client, based within easy commute of Belfast.
You will work in a state of the art, award winning automated warehouse facility which has benefitted from major investment during the 2020 Covid-19 and Lockdown restrictions. This is a forward-thinking manufacturer and its warehousing & supply chain facility maintains an impressive 99.6% stock accuracy!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all inventory control related activities effectively and efficiently to include raw materials, packaging and finished goods.
- Ensuring optimum utilisation of warehouse capacity and contingency planning to meet stock build requirements.
- Reducing stock holding of obsolete products, maintain accurate stock records and manage the goods in and samples operations.
The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proactive and flexible in day to day approach with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Openness and willing to change, strive to improve standards/quality and contribute to key projects.
- Self-motivated and be able to motivate others
- Have a high level of reliability, flexibility and a good team player
- Excellent verbal/written and numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and have excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong interdepartmental relationships
- Successful candidate must have grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of stock control in a high value fast paced warehouse
- Must have knowledge and experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Working knowledge and experience of a business ERP system
- IT - proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Previous warehouse experience in a food manufacturing environment covering a similar role
- Previous experience in a Team Leader/Supervisory role
- Experience of Quality Systems (ISO/BS standards)
- Previous experience of radio frequency systems
- 7.30am - 5pm Mon - Thurs
- 7.30am - 2.30pm Fri
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry, Director, TechMet.
Key words: Inventory Controller, Stores Controller, Warehouse Controller, ERP, Inventory Controller