Laboratory Technician | Chemical Technician (Co. Antrim)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
We are looking to recruit both Laboratory and Chemical Technicians for our client which is involved in the chemical waste recycling.
Laboratory Technician summary:
Supporting the Analytical Chemists during the day-to-day operation of the laboratory, to ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of work meets specified standards. This will include:
- Ensuring adequate supplies of materials and consumables are available to support projects
- Preservation and digestion of samples
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Daily checks and calibration of laboratory equipment
Chemical Technician summary:
Supporting Site Chemists during the day-to-day operation of the yard and off-site operations. This will include:
- General housekeeping of Covered Yard and Covered Yard Apron
- Bulk compatible chemicals as directed by the Site Chemist
- Complete labels for containers and off-site operations
- Accompany Drivers and Site Chemists to support off-site operations
- Sampling of waste and submission of samples to site Laboratory
Suitable candidates will have at least 5 GCSEs, including a science discipline.
Laboratory Technician will have a starting salary of c. ?20k and the Chemical Technician will have a salary of c. ?18 - ?20k, depending on experience.
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.