Graduate Shift Analyst (Co. Antrim)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
New opportunity for a Graduate Shift Analyst to work in the laboratory of a well-established company in the waste/recycling industry. This is a shift based role and operates on 2 shift system: (4pm -12am, 12am - 8am).
Working in accordance of UKAS 17025 standard, you will carry out a range of laboratory testing, specifically you will:
- Ensure all laboratory equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner and remains in calibration and functions appropriately
- Ensure that test materials (e.g. raw materials, final materials or study samples) are analysed in accordance with agreed methods. Analytical methods to include, but not restricted to, BOD, COD, pH, electrical conductivity and suspended solids and other general environmental analytical techniques
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits to ensure that the laboratory meets the required standards to ensure ISO and UKAS accreditation
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform the Senior Analytical Chemists
- Educated to degree level in a science discipline OR 2 years appropriate experience in a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills: clear, effective and authoritative in spoken communication, high standard of written English, able to state a case clearly, logically and concisely;
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of UKAS 17025 quality system would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of environmental laboratory techniques, including BOD, COD, pH and Suspended Solids analysis, would also be a distinct advantage
- A competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate, as well as the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a laboratory environment
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.