Maintenance Parts Manager (Mid Ulster)
We are pleased to be working with one of NI's success stories, a business which has successfully grown from a family business to becoming a world-class manufacturer using innovative technologies and with an unrivalled reputation for producing a high quality product range.
Due to continued success and growth in the sector, our client is now looking to recruit a talented Maintenance Parts Manager. This is a fantastic new opportunity within the Maintenance Department for the right individual!
You will be responsible for managing the daily operation of the stores department, ensuring the correct items are available to enable all factory maintenance to be completed as planned and as per the timeframes provided. This involves learning all the key components the factories require and ensuring items are purchased and stored in accordance with company procedures. Specific duties include:
- Active involvement with the overall Maintenance Department - understanding the maintenance plans and ensuring optimum level of spare parts is available at all times
- Taking ownership of and monitoring stock control systems
- Ensuring stores procedures are robust to support out of hours working
- Liaising closely with the Maintenance Team - ie Direct Line Managers and Fitters
- Working with suppliers to ensure spares or goods are bought at the best quality and price
Suitable candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years' experience within a Stores Management role (within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment)
- Good level of education, ideally a 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline (Engineering/Manufacturing etc)
- Working experience of computerised stock control systems is paramount (MRP etc)
- Good IT skills and knowledge (M'Soft office suite)
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- A mechanical aptitude, a mechanical qualification would be advantageous
Salary: A highly competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7.00pm - 5.00pm but negotiable
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director) at TechMet.