Maintenance Shift Engineer (Mechanical Bias) - Gtr Belfast
Ref: TSL - S9380
This is an excellent opportunity for a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical bias who is looking for an opportunity to move into a highly automated, high volume factory environment within the packaging/FMCG sector.
- Identify and rectify equipment faults, adopting a systematic approach to problem solving and ensuring a rapid response
- Carry out reactive and planned maintenance on a wide range of plant and equipment across all equipment, identifying improvement opportunities when necessary
- Participate in multi-disciplinary continuous improvement teams and implement improvement ideas to reduce downtime
- This role will particularly suit a multi-skilled engineer with a strong mechanical bias
- This is a shift-based role - 12 hr rotating shifts, including some weekend work
- Must be time served multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with a strong mechanical bias, most likely qualified to HND/HNC level
- Must have over 5 years' experience as a Maintenance Shift Engineer in a high speed production environment
- Must have over 5 years' PPM experience and worked in a highly automated plant with complete autonomy and full accountability for maintenance on their own lines
- Have knowledge of PLC fault-finding
- Mechatronic qualifications or experience would be an advantage
- Candidates should be flexible, team-workers who enjoy working in a fast moving, reactive maintenance environment
The role offers fantastic opportunities. The company's on-going investment in new plant and equipment means that your engineering skills will be kept up to date with technological advancements, promotion prospects are good and the company is well established and successful.
The benefits package includes an attractive salary, shift allowance, private health insurance and an excellent pension scheme. Training is on-going and staff are encouraged to develop their skills.
To apply please forward your CV - in WORD format - using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.