Our client, based in Greater Belfast, is widely recognised as one of Northern Irelandâ€s leading and most successful Heavy Engineering/Construction companies.
Due to ongoing expansion, a superb opportunity has now arisen for a Graduate QS to join the company at an exciting time with a major international contract win.
This is a superb opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for a career with one of N.Iâ€s leading companies and to gain experience working on a variety of major contracts with clients both locally and internationally.
SUMMARY OF KEY DUTIES:
- Assist with the management of project costs form initial design stages through to project completion and handover, with specific responsibility for Project/Revenue/Cost Control
- Working on a range of projects for both local and international clients varying from 2-3 months to 6-12 months
- Working closely with clients throughout the duration of the projects and advising/updating as required
- Working closely with the Estimating team and negotiating costs and variances
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis to ensure costs and work in progress figures are accurate and in line with projections
- Attend client meetings on a regular basis throughout the various projects
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings, working with colleagues to update on progress/costings/revenue projections etc.
- A minimum of 1 year's relevant experience as a QS within a large Engineering or Construction environment (can include a placement)
- Degree educated
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate effectively at a senior level both internally and with clients
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Highly IT literate
SALARY / PACKAGE:
A competitive salary up to Â£30k will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.
Key words: Graduate QS, Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Engineer, Construction, Projects, Quantity Surveyor, QS, Graduate.