We are working with a leading vehicle telematics company who is looking to further build their team of Field Service Engineers both in Northern Ireland and in the Dublin area. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, for talented auto electricians/service engineers. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a great opportunity to develop skills and grow to more senior levels potentially very quickly.
You will be a field based auto electrician and responsible for carrying out installation, service and maintenance of our vehicle CCTV and Telematics systems into various types of commercial vehicles for some of the largest UK fleets.
- Traveling to various client sites / liaising with clients on site.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work overtime
- Installation of vehicle camera / vehicle CCTV equipment.
- Installation of blindspot detection systems (warning alarms, blindspot / parking sensors).
- Attending service calls to fault diagnosis and repair where necessary.
- To take responsibility for personal health and safety.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Hands on experience with HGVs, light commercials and other specialist vehicles are a must.
- Automotive electrical experience of both 12VDC and 24VDC systems is a must.
- Experience with working with a wide range of commercial vehicles advantage (waste, construction, commercial haulage, bus & coach, emergency response etc.)
- Good customer services skills are essential with daily client interaction.
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to timelines.
- Experienced in the use of electrical automotive testing/installation equipment.
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments.
- Relevant auto electrician qualification advantage (NVQ, City and Guilds etc.)
- The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams.
- IT/PC Literate.
- Conscientious professional who is organised and dedicated.
- Must have a full driving license (clean preferred).
- An awareness of health and safety.
- To be good with your hands, and physically fit to cope with lifting, bending and working on commercial vehicles.
- An attractive package is on offer including Company Van with fuel card + company mobile + laptop
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the organisation
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone David Burgess on 028 9448 3986 (Direct) or 07712 305359.
Key words: auto electrician, service engineer, CCTV, Telematics, Field Service engineer, Vehicle technician, automotive technician, electrical technician, auto electrician.