Electrical Maintenance Shift Technician (Gtr. Belfast)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Down
Our client which is one of Ireland's largest, most progressive manufacturing companies, with state of the art manufacturing facilities and a blue chip customer base, is now looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Technician. This is a shift based role incorporating 12 hour shifts both days and nights.
Key responsibilities include:
- Diagnose and rectify equipment faults ensuring rapid response by implementing a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Complete planned maintenance routines across all manufacturing and services equipment identifying improvement opportunities.
- Participate fully as a team member ensuring close co-operation with the manufacturing & quality team at all levels.
- Communicate effectively with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams ensuring faults and corrective actions are agreed and recorded accurately.
- Support equipment changeovers and prioritise equipment breakdowns in conjunction with the Production Shift Leader.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary continuous improvement teams and implement improvement ideas to reduce downtime.
- Work with and give direction to contractors.
- Ensure relevant Standards and Procedures are adhered to and assist with accreditation and ongoing compliance with relevant standards and certification.
- Must have HND level in Electrical or Mechatronics
- Post qualification experienced in working in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- PLC system experience essential as would some cross functional mechanical experience of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical drive systems
This is a rare opportunity to join a company where turnover is extremely low, this role has become available due to retirement/succession planning within the business. The company offers a higher than market salary to attract the right calibre of candidate.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry at TechMet.
Key words: Shift Technician, Maintenance Technician, Electrical, PLC, Mechatronic, Maintenance Technician.