Shift Maintenance Assistant (Co. Tyrone)
Our client, a successful food manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Maintenance Assistant to work alongside the Maintenance Engineers to provide 2nd tier support to the manufacturing process. The role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to forge a career in engineering maintenance.
Supporting the Maintenance Engineers, you will be involved in carrying out planned preventative and reactive maintenance to keep the production process running at optimum levels.
- Learn and help with fault finding mechanical and/or electrical faults
- Repairing equipment
- Carry out routine maintenance, identifying and rectifying equipment/services issues
- Provide cover for holidays and absences when required
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects
- A good general standard of education , ideally possessing an apprenticeship qualification or foundations degree
- Good knowledge and experience of a range of hand tools/power tools
- Experience of food/drinks or other regulated manufacturing would be an advantage as would working with automated machinery and engineering assembly line experience
- Good mechanical knowledge/ability
You will be provided with training for the role and will be actively encouraged to attend training courses which will be company funded. You will develop a wide range of skills and abilities that will be useful throughout your career and you will earn a salary that will rise in accordance with skills and proficiency.
Shifts: Mon - Fri 6am - 2pm; 2pm - 10pm (rotating).
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director) at TechMet.