Manufacturing Engineer (Co. Antrim)
Excellent opportunity for a high calibre Manufacturing Engineer to move into a highly successful lean manufacturing organisation, commutable from Belfast.
You will be responsible for developing or modifying manufacturing processes to increase product performance and improve manufacturing efficiencies. You will provide overall process design and make recommend measures to improve product design for manufacturability. Specifically:
- Developing new equipment and process flows - including cost estimates for labour/capital
- Developing new production processes and/or adapt existing production processes for assembly, calibration and testing
- Defining specifications for production equipment, working with in-house teams and external equipment suppliers
- Participating in global new product development project teams
- Influencing product designs during new product development phase, ensuring economical and defect free manufacture
- Support improvement projects to reduce cycle time, defects and manufacturing costs
- Honours degree in Engineering / Manufacturing or a related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a high volume manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- Must have significant experience of manufacturing process design/development
- Knowledge of implementing lean manufacturing initiatives would be an advantage
- Day shift role
- An attractive remuneration package is offered, including the usual benefits associated with a large, global company
- This role will involve an element of foreign travel
To apply please forward your CV (in WORD format only please) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be degree qualified with relevant industry experience. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role