Senior Design Engineer (Co. Antrim - Excellent Opportunity!)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
Our client, a well-regarded manufacturing organisation providing design, manufacture and service of innovative equipment to the materials handling industry, is now seeking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to further develop and grow its product range.
This is an interesting and challenging role that may suit candidates coming from the Tyrone/Bulk handling industry who are looking to move into a more specialised, niche sector where they will be involved in higher end and innovative design and perhaps more liaison with the end customer. The role will provide the post-holder with much more autonomy and customer exposure.
This is a very exciting time for this business as they further develop into specialist niche markets and an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and enthusiastic engineering team, get to know our client's product range and help drive forward the business by taking the lead on various design projects.
- Designing a range of conveyor systems and related products, specifically high end designs
- Leading product development through from concept to launch
- Helping specify technical components for design solutions and collaborate and support during the manufacturing process
- Advise customers on the best solutions for their needs
- Coordinate with the manufacturing team to make on-going improvements to current product range in addition to NPI
- A Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a design role within a manufacturing company
- Excellent 3D CAD ability - very good SolidWorks knowledge and experience
- An understanding of both mechanical and electrical principles during design process
- A detailed understanding of the Machinery Directive and interpreting EN standards
- Automation experience would be considered beneficial
- Wider knowledge of conveyor systems - advantageous
An excellent salary package is on offer, commensurate with experience
To apply please forward your CV - in WORD format - using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry at TechMet.