Materials Scheduler (North Down)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Down
Major food producer, working from modern state of the art manufacturing facilities is now recruiting a Materials Scheduler to join their Purchasing Department. You will take responsibility for working closely with the planning department to ensure production demands are met and that all suppliers meet ISO and legal requirements.
- Review outputs from the MRP system and place orders with suppliers for packaging and raw materials.
- Expedite raw materials and packaging items in line with production demand.
- Notify the Purchasing manager and planner of any major supply issues that may affect the production program.
- Liaise with Planning to ensure manufacturing plan is met and to notify any potential shortfalls or difficulties in supply.
- Maintain the appropriate date, supplier and pricing information on the system to allow the MRP and ordering systems to operate effectively.
- Deal with supplier quality issues effectively and on a timely basis, ensuring suppliers are prompt in initiating a resolution to the problems and ensuring issues are reported to the appropriate buyers are informed.
- Manage, maintain and report the status of commodity contracted items to the buyers on a monthly basis.
- Aid other departments with respect to pricing queries or costings
- Liaise closely with other material schedulers, and work with and support other members of the Purchasing team
- Resolve all invoice queries and pass to Finance for payment
- Develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant health and safety legislation.
Ideal candidates will ideally be:
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Experienced in a modern purchasing / MRP environment
- Have extensive spreadsheet and data analysis skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and possess high level of flexibility within a fast passed environment
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.