Pilot Plant Operator (Ards)
A rare opportunity has arisen with one of the best employers in N. Ireland and is based in Newtownards. This will be a permanent day shift role with no weekend working and will likely appeal to someone coming from a very good manufacturing environment.
Ideal candidates will have a good stable work record and will have very good references to support an excellent work ethic and ability to work on their own initiative in a very professional work environment.
Turnover of staff within this business is one of the lowest throughout the manufacturing sector, and the business invests very well in training and development for the team.
The role will involve training alongside an individual who will be retiring and has been with the business for over 30 years, hence this role will provide an excellent platform for someone to secure a great long-term future.
Key duties include:
- Accurately prepare, weigh up and label ingredients and batches for trials
- Agree and plan the pilot plant trials schedule weekly with the NPD Coordinator
- Maintain documented evidence of trials and report weekly
- Liaise with the manufacturing team on new product processing conditions
- Liaise with the engineering and maintenance teams on pilot plant requirements
- Carry out minor maintenance in the pilot plant
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment and experience in operating machinery plus having a good mechanical aptitude will be important.
- Shortlisting / Interviews expected at the end of July/August
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry (Director) at TechMet.