Pilot Plant Operator - R&D Technician (Newtownards)
We are pleased to continue working alongside one of our key clients, an exceptional food processing company, based in Ards area. The company is widely recognised as an "employer of choice" with exceptionally low staff turnover and is renowned for really looking after its employees. This is an excellent opportunity with one of NI's choice employers!
Due to continued and ongoing success at its Newtownards site, this manufacturing company is looking for an R&D Technician to work closely with the R&D and Manufacturing teams.
The main focus of the role will be to:
- Plan, prepare and conduct product trials and maintain samples of resulting trials
- Ensure technical support is provided for new product development
- Assist in product and manufacturing process improvements
- Ideal candidates will have relevant experience likely gained from working in a high speed, high volume manufacturing business
- Have experience in a food/drinks manufacturing sector as well as experience of working within a quality and health and safety driven environment
- It is essential that candidates have previous experience of operating machinery and the ability to demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience of driving a forklift and educated to GCSE level (minimum Grade C in Maths and English) would be advantageous
- An attractive salary is on offer to the right candidate together with a strong commitment to reward high performance/work ethic with opportunities for internal development.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry, Director.