Site Engineer/Manager (South Down)
Great Salary on Offer & Travel to Site in Scotland
TechMet is recruiting a Site Engineer/Manager to join a reputable client based in the South Down area. The role is opening up due to the ever growing business and provides a great opportunity to get on board with a highly successful and people centric company.
This is a widely varied role, geared towards a candidate willing to step up and take on board some responsibility.
Travel will be a requirement with this role; the client has sites based in both Northern Ireland & Scotland and you will be working across all of these depending on current requirements. When traveling, all accommodation is paid for and it will be for a Mon-Fri period allowing you to return home for weekends. You will also receive a circa ?100pw cash allowance for provision of evening meals.
Example daily tasks might include:
- Setting out foundations
- Taking levels
- Ordering materials
- Managing and recording operatives times
- Continual Quality Control of our own operations
- Liaising with utility companies
- Liaising with prospective tenants
- Managing the work of subcontractors
- Signing off subcontract invoices for payment
- Estimating variations and changes
We are looking for a candidate that meets the following Criteria:
- Time Served Apprentice in an appropriate Construction/Engineering Discipline
- Good level of computer literacy
- Ability to handle a high level of responsibility & earn the trust of the senior management team
- 3rd Level Qualification, Preferably in Civil Engineering
- Previous Experience in Managing Customer, Supplier & Sub-Contractor relationships
- Proven history in a Site Management role.
An attractive salary package will be on offer depending on the candidates experience level. You will also have the benefit of working for a very approachable MD that is willing to invest in you personally.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry and are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies. For a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Conor at TechMet.