Senior/Lead Engineer (?40k+ DAYS only - S. Down)
Excellent opportunity for a seasoned maintenance engineer who is ready for the next step up into a supervisory/leadership role, whilst still maintaining an active "hands-on" aspect. This is a rare opportunity to move into a DAYs only role which is offering an excellent salary of ?40k+ pa.
This role will appeal to good maintenance engineers with a strong electrical bias and living in the general South Down area. The company has a very good reputation of looking after its people, and will provide amble opportunity for future development. The role has come about purely because of retirement.
Senior/Lead Engineer who will have complete autonomy for the engineering team and responsibility for all equipment, processes and controls within the Plant.
- Support the team and production in ensuring downtime is minimised through preventative action and prioritising break downs
- Advice on technical issues and will resolve and share best practice to reduce recurrence
- Working in collaboration with engineering and production colleagues, you will strive to continually improve the maintenance service
- Actively identify and implement plans to eliminate unnecessary losses such as cost, waste and inefficiencies
- Liaise with Evening Shift Engineer to agree priorities and any actions required
- Be time-served and qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical engineering coupled with strong mechanical skills
- HNC/D and 17th/18th Edition qualifications would be advantageous
- Having previous experience in a fast moving, manufacturing environment - ideally the food/drinks/packaging sector, w
- Possess good PLC skills and knowledge
- Be comfortable reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings
- Excellent salary on offer - ?40k+
- Day role - finish 4.30 each day
- Seasonal Saturday morning working - week day off in lieu!
- Paid overtime
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.