Project Cost Controller (Belfast)
- Location:Greater Belfast
Our client, based in Greater Belfast is widely recognised as one of Northern Ireland's leading and most successful Heavy Engineering/Construction companies.
Due to ongoing expansion, a superb opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Project Revenue and Cost Controller to join the company on an initial 6 month contract with a view to a permanent role beyond that. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career with one of N.I's leading companies and to gain experience working on a variety of major contracts with clients both locally and internationally.
SUMMARY OF KEY DUTIES:
- Set up, administer and manage the Work Breakdown Structure for the Project.
- Manage and coordinate contract administration activities, providing contract administration resources to Projects, ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to the maximisation of Project contribution.
- Advise the Project Controls Manager on all aspects of Project execution which deviate from base contract requirements.
- Manage the change order process from identification to resolution of change: interface with involved Functions, and prepare claims / variations for submission in accordance with the contractual terms.
- Manage estimates, the pricing of change orders, scope of change and variations.
- Support the Project Controls Manager in the preparation and prosecution of time and cost claims and where appropriate the assessment, negotiation and settlements of claims
- Check that milestone applications for payments / certificates / notices / invoices and other documents required for payment meet contractual requirements.
- Maintain procedures for properly and timeously applying for payments, receiving certificates, issuing invoices and pursuing cash through the client's organisation.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying / Law / Engineering / Economics / Business Administration
- Proven track record of 1-2 years in industry with main contractor / large subcontractor (?10M+ projects)
- Demonstrable experience in preparing and administering CVR / cash flow forecasts / interim and final accounts
- Highly competent in the Microsoft Office(R) suite (Word / Excel / Project / Access)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work not only as part of a team but also and in unsupervised situations
- Commercially astute and have a keen eye for detail
SALARY / PACKAGE:
A competitive salary up to ?38k (depending on experience) will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.