Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Commutable from Belfast)
- Location:Greater Belfast, Antrim
Excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a highly successful company in the Antrim area. The individual will have the ability to work alone as they could have the full autonomy at times within the plant. This is an excellent opportunity for a "natural engineer" to take control of a small factory and run the facility to a very high standard with passion and a real sense of ownership.
The main purpose of the role will be to oversee and efficiently resolve any engineering issues, which may result in delays to productivity schedules. Key duties include:
- Setting up an efficient PPM and have complete responsibility for implementation of the system
- Aid operators with any downtime issues which affect production including training on SOPs and new equipment
- Oversee maintenance of all factory equipment
- Proactive approach to engineering solutions, including short term temporary repairs and permanent repairs
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products & parts
- Recommend changes to increase production or improve standards, e.g. revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, etc.
- Carry out all planned maintenance tasks in accordance with the planned maintenance system
- Co-ordinate and integrate any new equipment into existing systems
- Liaise with and co-ordinate the activities of relevant suppliers/contractors
Ideal candidates will have:
- A 3rd level qualification in an electrical engineering discipline OR be a time served engineer AND hold at least 3 years' experience in a factory maintenance setting. Candidates should also be mechanically skilled and hence a multi skilled individual will best suit the role.
- Previous experience must clearly demonstrate the ability to work independently on own initiative and ideally have some mentoring capabilities
- A flexible approach to working hours
Standard hours will be 7am- 4pm during the year with flexibility for a Saturday shift with time in lieu
Summer Hours (4 month period) will rotate between the hours above and an evening shift 4pm to midnight on Monday- Friday. However, this is flexible to offer either week about or a month block at a time for that 4 month summer period. Hence, the evening shift is required for 2 months of the year. The salary will reflect this shift pattern.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.
Key words: Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer; Electrical Maintenance Engineer; Maintenance Technician; Maintenance Electrician; Electrical Engineer; Electrical Maintenance