Senior/Lead Technicians (Wind Turbines - 1 Omagh; 1 Wicklow)
- Location:Tyrone, ROI
This is a unique opportunity to work in the Wind Turbine/Renewal Energy sector for an organisation that is committed to hiring "best in class" talent and providing solid career progression within the business.
The objective of this role is to enable leadership and ownership in the field. The Senior Technician works in a team, owns the performance of an assigned group of turbines, leads and guides the team(s), and acts as the key contact back to HQ for the assignment.
The Lead Technician will work as part of a team, will be very well trained and will be versatile, with years' of experience, is very competent and will make a high-level contribution to the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leverage your expertise across an assigned turbine group.
- Cultivate a culture of safety (including WTSR) encouraging timely safety reporting.
- Lead operational performance improvement. Act as the chief contact for the Operations Manager and Ops Control.
- Lead the transition from reactive to predominantly preventative maintenance.
- Assure quality of our scheduled servicing and other repairs.
- Utilise the MMS to the max, driving entries that are detailed, accurate and informative.
- Review and act on turbine parametric data and drive improvements to turbine reliability.
- Encourage root cause analysis in turbine troubleshooting and oversee major component repairs and replacements.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Good leadership skills
- Expertise in some dimension of wind turbine O&M with superior knowledge.
- Circa 9 years industry experience with team leader experience.
- Formal education in an appropriate discipline (is an advantage)
- A passion for wind turbines and operational excellence.
- Appropriate IT skills for the role and be able to interpret drawings, specifications, schematics etc.
- An excellent salary package is on offer and will reflect the company's commitment to recruiting the best!
- Hours: 40 hrs per week with additional paid overtime opportunities paid at time and a half/time off in lieu if working late
- Mon - Friday day role and on call rota operating 1 week in 4 (additional payment on offer when on call)
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.