Quality Manager (Co. Down)
Above Industry Standard Salary Package + Successful & Expanding Business
Our Client, a progressive & expanding manufacturing company based in Co. Armagh, is currently looking for a Quality Manager. Directly joining the Senior Management Team, you will work alongside both production and other departments to manage and maintain the Quality systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Quality Technicians to ensure that company quality standards are both met and exceeded. They will also help to drive continuous improvement initiatives within the factory using data from their team of Quality Technicians and a range of other sources.
This is a highly varied role, with wide ranging day to day activates based on current business targets. However, the Quality Manager will focus mainly on quality and continuous improvement within the Factory. Examples of daily tasks include:
- Working closely with other departments as part of a team towards achieving customer required quality and on time delivery, leading to customer satisfaction
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques and 5S
- Training and development of the quality engineering team in problem solving techniques such as 8D, process analysis
- Overseeing First Article inspections and CMM measurements
- Creation of and updating of quality procedures and standard operating procedures
- Managing the Non-Conformance system and promoting quality improvement within the company to reduce non- conformances from arising.
- Liaising with customers on quality issues
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills and be adept at managing their own workload. Knowledge and implementation of quality concepts and tools and the ability to engage and communicate successfully with all stakeholders to drive business improvement are key requirements. They will also match the following criteria:
- Previous experience maintaining & implementing quality systems within a manufacturing environment
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- Good problem-solving skills and knowledge of root-cause analysis techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Degree in a relevant subject area
- Experience implementing Lean principles
- Experience in mechanical inspection using a CMM
- Good understanding of the industry specific standards & regulations
There is a highly competitive salary package on offer, which is higher than the industry standard.
This is an exciting role within a business that is currently going through a big expansion. If you meet the above criteria and are keen to make the next more in your career, we want to speak with you.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone our Engineering Consultant, Conor on 028 9448 3987 (Direct) or 07712 305358.