Operations Director (Wind Turbines - based Border County)
TechMet is pleased to be working with a highly successful, growing Operations & Maintenance services company, serving the Wind Turbine sector throughout Ireland, UK and Europe. Due to expansion and continued success, they are looking to recruit an Operations Director into the business. This is a new role and will be based in Cavan but will require travel to multi-locations in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The Operations Director will be a key member of the senior team and will be an experienced and highly motivated person with strong knowledge and experience in the wind industry.
- Lead and develop the Field Technician group to achieve new levels of turbine availability, maximising clients' lifecycle returns
- Resolution of complex faults with the ability to implement work strategies to minimise turbine downtime
- Perform turbine parametric data analysis
- Drive and develop best practice in turbine maintenance and operations
- Lead the achievement of sustainable turbine availability and reliability
- Lead the transition from reactive to predominantly preventative maintenance
- Lead operational projects such as site based major component repairs and replacements
- Act as key technical support to the Operations Centre
This is a senior role and whilst will have strategic influence, will be much more operational/hands-on. The ideal candidate will be a senior technical manager coming from the Wind Turbine sector with experience of leading and managing a team of high calibre field technicans.
- Strong technical background in Wind Turbines - GE Turbines/Vestas/Nordics etc
- Sound general management/operations management experience in the wind industry
- Proven travel record in delivering Customer Service excellence
- Solid understanding of financial management, including budget management
- Track record of delivering challenging performance targets and improving results
- Strong leadership and management skills preferably with experience of managing multi-location teams
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a forward thinking, progressive organisation. They are committed to developing and building a strong, first class team and have pitched the salary package at a very attractive level to attract the right calibre of candidate. Specifically:
- Circa EUR80k salary package is on offer together with profit share (c. EUR20k) plus company car, 5% matched pension and Death in Service benefits
- Relocation assistant potentially available for candidates interesting in relocating to Ireland
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.