Design Engineer (Greater Belfast)
- Location:Greater Belfast
Our client, a leading provider in the design and manufacture of innovative products worldwide, are now seeking to recruit a Design Engineer to develop and grow its product range. Ideally the individual will come from the heavy engineering background and looking to move to a more specialised sector where they will be given more autonomy in their role.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a technical candidate to join an ambitious and enthusiastic engineering team, get to know our client's product range and help drive forward the business by learning and developing under senior members of staff. The role will also provide an opportunity to travel worldwide for customer site visits and product training.
- Product development through from concept to launch
- Advise customers on the best solutions for their needs
- Assist in prototyping of new product
- Some international travel to customer sites may be required
- Coordinate with the manufacturing team to make on-going improvements to current product range in addition to NPI
- Assisting sales team with technical queries
- A Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a design or manufacturing role within a manufacturing company, preferably with heavy engineering exposure.
- Excellent 3D CAD ability- preferably SolidWorks
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
- An understanding of both mechanical and electrical principles during design process
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages
- Familiar with Product Data Management systems (PDM)
- Good Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Automation knowledge
- Experience of motor and engine housing design using modern materials
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Conor on 028 9448 3987 (Direct) or 07712 305358.
Key Words: Design Engineer, Product Development, HND, Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Design, Manufacturing, 3D, CAD, SolidWorks, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Automation, Design Engineer, Belfast, Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Design process.