Attractive hours: 4 Day Week.
Our Client, a large manufacturing company based in the Portadown area, is currently looking for an Industrial Engineer to join there ever expanding team. You will be working directly under the Senior Factory Management team within both the production and supply chain divisions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of continuous improvement and development plans within the business.
You will provide leadership within improvement projects using established company methodologies in response to identified performance gaps.
The role is focused towards driving improvement metrics within both the production and supply chain divisions. It will be your responsibility to analyse the full process, find areas requiring attention and then carry out the best method of improvement.
The company as a whole is invested in Lean principles and methodologies, you will need to use this level of skill and understanding to strive for the highest possible level of efficiency.
- Leading improvement projects
- Investigate equipment options to increase process improvement and automation, and manage projects for implementation of the same
- Ensure new and existing processes and procedures are sustained
- Coach and mentor employees on Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques, focused on zero shortages, improved flow and efficiency
- Support, train and mentor Operations to help to provide accurate Production, Machining and Stores process times
- Work with equipment suppliers and factory management to introduce and manage preventative maintenance campaigns
We are looking for a dedicated and committed candidate that meets the following criteria:
- HNC/HND in and Engineering discipline
- 5 years' experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the implementation of Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent communication skills
- BEng/MEng in an appropriate field
- Experience in materials movement automation
- Experience in Project Management
- Coaching and Mentoring experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
This is an exciting role within a business that is currently going through a big expansion. If you meet the above criteria and are keen to make the next more in your career, we want to speak with you.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Conor on 028 9448 3987 (Direct) or 07712 305358.