Quality Manager (Portadown)
Our Client, a large manufacturing company based in the Portadown area, is currently looking for a Quality Manager. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, you will work alongside both production and other senior management throughout the business as a whole.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Quality Technicians to ensure that company quality standards are met and exceeded. They will also help to drive the continuous improvement initiatives within the factory using data from their team of Quality Technicians and other sources.
This is a highly varied role, with day to day activities changing dependent on current business targets, however, the Quality Manager will focus mainly on quality and continuous improvement within the Factory.
Example duties include:
- Continuously review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements
- Review client requirements and ensure that quality documentation for a project meets contractual requirements
- Co-ordinate and control the day to day operations of Quality Technicians and inspection personnel
- Drive corrective and preventive actions stemming from internal issues, audits, and customer issues
- Play a key role in leading the organisational change within the company through continuous improvement of business processes
This role will suit someone who is willing to handle a high level of responsibility within the business and is highly committed to the role. You will require exceptional time management skills and a keen eye for detail.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following criteria:
- HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline
- Experience within an ISO 9001 environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good level of knowledge on continuous improvement techniques
- Experience within a Manufacturing Environment.
- Self-Driven and capable of working on own initiative.
This is an exciting role within a business that is currently going through a big expansion. If you meet the above criteria and are keen to make the next more in your career, we want to speak with you.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Conor on 028 9448 3987 (Direct) or 07712 305358.