Experienced Production Manager required to join the management team of an SME food business in County Down. This role is a busy role offering a strong career pathway with a growing business.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be an experienced Production Manager from an FMCG background. You will have previous experience of managing a large work force and the demands of meeting production targets in a fast-moving environment across multiple shifts. Experience is essential in managing production cycles with spikes in demand driven by seasonality and customer requirements. You will ensure customer expectations are met on time and in full and strive to meet Key Performance Indicators.
Core responsibilities include management of the production process; people management, stock taking, ensuring product meets quality and legality specifications and some health and safety responsibility.
We are looking for a high caliber candidate that meets the following criteria:
- A Minimum of 3 years previous experience as Production Manager within a FMCG environment
- Previous people management experience
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisation problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work outside core hours as required.
- Experience of implementing lean / continuous improvement systems
- Food Related Qualification
- Health & Safety Qualification
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualification or equivalent
Hours - Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - The salary package is negotiable dependent on experience, it will be pitched at a level to attract high caliber candidates.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be a qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone John Gilmore on 028 9448 3986 (Direct) or 07712 305359.