Commodities Trader (Northern Ireland)
Our client is a leading and successful international company within the FMCG/Agricultural sectors. Due to ongoing expansion, a superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Trader to join the Trading Team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the ongoing and future success of the team and will be offered the opportunity to develop a long-term career with a company that rewards excellence and performance.
Summary of Key Duties:
- Analysing and collating key agricultural commodities market information and carrying out trades for both short and long term purchases
- Analyse and identify key price/currency movements and trends and base purchasing decisions/trades on the outcome of this key information
- Carry out trades based on current/future supply and demand fundamentals within the Agricultural sector
- Work closely with the Research team to ensure that Trades are based on up-to-date market information
- Collating and preparing weekly trading reports for Senior Management / Directors as required
- Educated to Degree level, ideally with a leaning towards Business, Maths, Economics or Agriculture (although other Degrees will be considered)
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous experience as a Commercial Trader, ideally within Agricultural Commodities although consideration will also be given to those with a proven background within Equities/Banking
- Able to work on their own initiative and with the confidence to take over an expanding client portfolio upon commencement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident dealing with customers both by telephone and face-to-face
- Strong client relationship builder who is able to develop a rapport with both existing long term clients as well as nurturing relationships with new customers
- Strong IT skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines
A competitive salary + performance related bonus will be on offer to attract the highest calibre candidate.
Please note that salary package is negotiable and will be tailored to attract and retain the best.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.